Let me Introduce Myself
Hi there I'm Julia, a coffee fuelled small town girl from Cape Breton, NS. I'm happiest when I'm with my friends and family, especially if there's a board game involved. I love going for long drives and belting out to my favourite songs along the way. I'm always up for an adventure, especially if it takes me to the ocean side as there's nothing I love more than the salty ocean air. When I'm not out with my loved ones or my camera, I'm most likely curled up with a cozy blanket watching Netflix or reading whatever book I'm in the middle of.
What Led Me to Where I Am
When I graduated from pre-school I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, at the time I copied my sister and said I wanted to be a teacher. That lasted for a little while, until I decided I wanted to be an interior designer, and then I thought I wanted to be a fashion designer (So many notebooks and binders filled with clothing related doodles). It wasn't until my Mom mentioned to me that photography was my only hobby that 'stuck' that I really considered it as a career option. At that point I'd had camera in hand for two-ish years.
After high school I went on to study photography at Centre for Arts and Technology in Halifax. The digital photography program was a two year course done in twelve months, and it was twelve months of awesomeness! I met so many amazing people through C.A.T, and I was presented with so many opportunities to go out and work and put the skills I was learning to the test. At graduation from Centre for Arts I was awarded with the IDEALS award for the photography class as well as my diploma in Digital Photography.
Facts About Me
1. My favourite classes in school were Drama and English
2. I've never had a dog or cat as a pet, instead I've had rabbits and fish
3. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favourite ice cream flavour
4. I'm the youngest grandchild on both sides of my family
5. I know how to play fiddle, piano, and flute.
6. I was fourteen years old the first time I flew in a plane
7. I had braces for 3.5 years
8. Halloween is my favourite holiday and autumn is my favourite season
9. The number '9' is my favourite number (no particular reason why)
10. I love to laugh!