Let me Introduce Myself
Hi there I'm Julia, I'm a small town girl from Cape Breton NS. I'm fueled by a mixture of coffee and salty ocean air. I'm an old soul who loves exploring the beautiful area I call home. When I'm not out exploring I'm often curled up watching Netflix, reading, or playing The Sims. I love spending time with friends and family too, especially if we're sitting around a bonfire or playing board games.
The Road to Photography
When I graduated from pre-school I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, at the time I copied my sister and said I wanted to be a teacher. That lasted for a little while, until I decided I wanted to be an interior designer, and then I thought I wanted to be a fashion designer (So many notebooks and binders filled with clothing related doodles). It wasn't until my Mom mentioned to me that photography was my only hobby that 'stuck' that I really considered it as a career option. At that point I'd had camera in hand for two-ish years.
After high school I went on to study photography at Centre for Arts and Technology in Halifax. The digital photography program was a two year course done in twelve months, and it was twelve months of awesomeness! I met so many amazing people through C.A.T, and I was presented with so many opportunities to go out and work and put the skills I was learning to the test. At graduation from Centre for Arts I was awarded with the IDEALS award for the photography class as well as my diploma in Digital Photography.
Facts About Me
1. My favorite classes in school were Drama and English
2. I've never had a dog or cat as a pet, instead I've had rabbits and fish
3. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite ice cream flavor
4. I'm the youngest grandchild on both sides of my family
5. I know how to play fiddle, piano, and flute. and would like to learn ukulele!
6. I was fourteen years old the first time I flew in a plane
7. I had braces for 3.5 years
8. Halloween is my favorite holiday and autumn is my favorite season
9. The number '9' is my favorite for whatever reason
10. I love to laugh!